"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." Ecclesiastes 2:12
Waiting...
God does not lie...
His faithfulness is swift and true - it does not delay...
His widom is infinite...
He sees past, present, and future...
He sees and knows ME.
This place of waiting that I'm in? At first I dreaded it. I didn't like not having a plan, not knowing what was next. Now? God is reminding me just how faithful He is - that He never STOPPED being faithful. I am just impatient!
My Papaw would tell me, "Baby, it'll all work out." He wouldn't say that flippantly, or to gloss over my anxiety, but as a gentle reminder that God is faithful and to worry is to doubt that. Well...it is all working out.
Today, I was hired (well...as long as my background check comes back clean *fingers crossed* kidding.) by my high school alma mater to be a substitute for a teacher that is going on maternity leave. As soon as my paperwork clears, I'll be observing her classes a few days a week to become familiar with her students, the technology in the classroom, and how she likes things to run. The baby is due on the 24th, but they are actually expecting it to come a little early. It sounds like I will be subbing full-time for her for about 3 weeks, then she'll start coming back part-time and I will cover the rest for the next 6 weeks or so. After this position, I will still be on the sub list for this ISD and another one in the area, so I should be able to stay busy and make some money!
Even though this sounds small, I am really excited. It has helped me see other reasons why I am in this place of waiting.
- There really aren't too many people my age in this area for me to hang out with = I get to have some really incredible quality time with my parents, who are encouraging, nurturing, and are making it possible for me to get some much-needed rest.
- I have a lot of time on my hands and a flexible work schedule = I have the option to go visit friends when I want. I get to help out my parents when they might really need me here in the next few months. I get to REST, read my insanely long book list, go photo-taking, volunteer...blog for goodness sake!
- I am listening more. God speaks, but when I get busy and caught up with agendas, to-do lists, responsibilities, and expectations, I don't always hear Him.
This place of waiting isn't so bad...
Thanks for the reminder, T. You are such a blessing to me, my love :)
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely amazing! Love you!
ReplyDeletePost often so that I can stalk.. I mean keep up with you!
Love, Noel