I guess I'm not as good at this blogging thing as I had hoped!
Wow. Much has happened since last time I caught you all up...and yet, there are still soooo many questions! I guess I'll break it down into categories and try to fill you in.
Buckner Internship:
26 days until I head to Dallas to start my incredible journey! Wait, I take that back. I have already begun this journey.
It truly started back in January when I applied in faith, knowing that God would do something amazing....It continued when, in outrageous obedience and generosity, the Church responded and covered the entire cost of my trip plus additional donations to purchase supplies and gifts for the children and workers at the orphanage. In fact, I canceled my support lunch because the amount coming in made it no longer necessary! Isn't God Good!?!?!
Now, I am eager to meet the rest of my team, board that plane, and finally see and hug those sweet kiddos I have been praying for these past months. Please continue to pray for me and the rest of the team: Melody, Kenda, and Delaney, the country and government of Kenya, the workers and kids of the orphanage, Buckner International, and that God would be glorified.
Random fact: I found out yesterday that the last two days of the internship, we get to go on a safari! FUN! I wanna see an elephant...and a giraffe...and a lion...from a distance ;-)
Grad School:
I have officially accepted the offer to start my Masters in the fall at the Anne and Henry Zarrow School of Social Work at The University of Oklahoma! Whoop! (See...I'll always be an Aggie.)
Still - I ask anyone that actually reads this post to please please please PRAY! I accepted the spot knowing that I will only actually be able to go in August if something miraculous happens with financial aid. My family cannot afford to help me go to an out-of-state school, nor do I wish that burden on my parents (or want to take out a loan!). But, everything just feels right about OU. I visited there about two weeks ago, and loved it. The faculty and staff are amazing. I sat in on the department head's class and was very impressed. Housing options look good. And it's NOT Austin. ;-) I felt at home in Norman, and have already received several church recommendations there. I asked God to very emphatically shut the door if that was not where I am supposed to be, yet all signs point to OU. I am faithing that some sort of financial aid will occur where I can pay resident tuition.
CS Home:
My house in CS sold! About three weeks ago, I went down with my parents, three vehicles, and two trailers to pack up 3 1/2 years worth of life (man - can I accumulate junk quickly!). It was a little sad knowing that I no longer live in CS, but I'm glad to have the packing/moving behind me. It was also really great to spend a little time with friends that were still there.
Other Life Events:
Well, the not-so-great news. I am currently on week three of having pneumonia. Yeah, I know - stink. I've been through two chest x-rays, two rounds of oral antibiotics, one round of steroids, a breathing treatment, and a shot in the rear. Awesome. And I'm still coughing and wheezing. I'm so ready for it to be over, and I have to get well soon so I can go to Africa! So, while you're at it, pray that I kick this thing - soon!
On another note, I'm super glad it's Saturday. I slept unacceptably late (which was glorious!), loved on my Sadie-dog (who is not feeling super well), little-by-little worked on cleaning my room and storing away some residual junk from the move, and shot at annoying black birds around the house with my dad. Good day, I'd say. =)
I need to talk to you...it's been too long, and I miss your face and your sweet voice. Please get to feeling better soon. Praying for you, love-bug. Love you ever so dearly!
ReplyDelete