Tomorrow's the big day! Mom and I are leaving pretty early in the morning to head to airport (Buckner made arrangements to fly me to DFW for our orientation day). I'll get to meet my teammates and go through training with the other summer interns....then on Friday, we will all disperse from DFW to our respective parts of the world. =) My team and I should reach Nairobi later in the evening on Saturday.
Once again, I want to say "Thank You." Thank YOU. If you are reading this, YOU are an intregal part of my GOing. Thank you for your prayerful, emotional, financial, and physical presence during all steps of this journey so far. Please continue to pray! For these first few days of mostly travel, I have some general prayer requests; I'm sure I will have more and more detailed requests after I reach Nairobi and tour the orphanage.
PRAY FOR:
- My Teammates (Melody, Kenda, Delaney) and myself: Immediate team bonding; Likeness of mind
- Physical safety
- Spiritual health
- Calm journey - meet all connecting flights without problems, no luggage mishaps, rest on the plane, preparation
- Prepare the hearts of the Kenyan children and adults with whom we will come in contact
- Spirit-controlled tongues - that we would boldly proclaim the Gospel; we would speak words of kindness and encouragement to each other
The Intern day of rest is on Saturday, so it is most likely that I will update about once a week on Saturday. =)
Again, Thank YOU. God has blessed me so much. I cannot but hope to be a blessing to Kenya!
Love,
T

I love you, precious girl. Praying for you fervently! You are all on our church prayer list, too. I can't wait to read up on how the trip is going - I hope you are able to update every week, but I know you will be busy and TIRED, so I'll be patient ;)
ReplyDelete"'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, even so I am sending you.' And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit.'" - Jn. 20:21