"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning" - C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank the Lord for Laughter...and Peanut Butter

Hello again! Long time, no blog! Well today will be a quickie.  I just had to share with you this story.

Last Friday was my last day subbing for the teacher that was on maternity leave.  Believe it or not, I was a little sad to leave the kids, however challenging they might have been or however they had completely stolen my heart! 

In a few of my classes, I had been able to share with them about my upcoming journey to Kenya and answer their questions about why I am going and what I will be doing there.  One boy in particular was very concerned about what I would eat while I was there.  I told him, jokingly, "I guess I'll just have to pack a REALLY large jar of peanut butter to get me through!"

In each of my classes on Friday, I reminded them that it was my last day, Mrs. H would be returning on Monday, and that I had enjoyed being in the classroom with them for the last weeks.  One of the kids (the boy that was concerning about my meals) started saying, "Oh no! Miss M! I thought NEXT Friday was your last day! You have to stay at least one more day!"  Now, this kid was enjoyable -a sweet kid - but I didn't think he would have been overly distraught about my leaving.  "Don't worry, J - I'll be subbing here and there. You aren't rid of me yet!"

"But Miss M - I forgot your peanut butter!"

I couldn't help it.

I didn't just giggle...I laughed.

Thank you Lord for this sweet boy, who whether he realizes it or not, is having his concerns turned toward Your work!  And thank you for laughter....and peanut butter. =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is amazing. Pure perfection :) God is so good, how He blesses us with the tiniest of things.

    ReplyDelete