"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning" - C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Go...Pray...Send

Jambo! Hello!

I have already had several wonderful people ask me how they could help me as I prepare to spend a portion of my summer in Kenya interning at a Buckner International orphanage.  I'm sure many of you have grown up hearing the same thing regarding missions as I have: As believers, we should always be praying, going, and/or sending.  I feel confident that God has asked me to go, at least for this short while.  Therefore, I need to ask for your support - to pray and to send.

1) PRAY "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith." Matthew 21:2
This is my most desperate need!

As I mentioned in my previous post, please pray for:
  • the Kenyan people
  • the children at the orphanage where we will work
  • the intern team I will be part of
  • our safety, physical and spiritual health
  • the Buckner staff that works there
  • the work that Buckner is doing in the orphanage and in their community
  • that hearts would be softened toward the message of the gospel
  • that Christ would be glorified through it all
 2) SEND  "And he said to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2

How you can send (I will be mailing out letters soon with additional information and details):
  • Eat! My family and I will be having a support-raising dinner in the near future...details to come!
  • Buy a t-shirt - My dear friend Katy has so graciously agreed to design a "Help send Tara to Kenya" shirt for me.  Be looking for fliers, emails, and Facebook group soon!
  • Donate items for the children in the orphanage - Each intern will pack 2 suitcases.  One for their personal clothes, etc.; the other with items for the kids/workers in Kenya.
    • Fun things! School supplies, sheets of stickers, hair bows, coloring books/crayons, sports balls, air pump, Play-Doh, jumpropes, nail polish, card games, etc.
  • Donate monetarily - I don't have the final amount that I will need to raise as of yet, however it should be around $5,000.  If you wish to donate, you can visit my Buckner support site:  http://donate.bucknerfoundation.org/taramoore10
 Thank you for taking the time to read through this.  Know that most of all, your prayers are needed!

Mungu akubariki! - God bless you!

-t

3 comments:

  1. I want to come to your dinner! And I want a t-shirt! And I'm praying and so will be my church - I'm adding you to our prayer list, if that's ok :) And...just one more thing, I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love YOU! Thank you so much =) and it's more than okay to add me to your church's prayer list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! It's so sweet to see the Lord really blessing you with your hearts desire, and faithfully guiding you through all these decisions. I'm looking forward to seeing what He has in store for you!
    And, thanks so much for adding my wedding blog to your roll :) I finally actually started it!

    ReplyDelete