"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning" - C.S. Lewis

Friday, November 5, 2010

Where You Lead Us....We Will Follow

I just got home from a blessing in my week.  My sweet new friend C got a couple of free tickets to a Brandon Heath/Jars of Clay concert and invited me along!  We had so much fun....let me tell you, we felt old (BUT LOVED IT) when Jars busted out some of their old school hits.

At one point in the evening, I just had to stop and take it all in.  I was in a building full of people singing in one voice,

"Where You lead us
                             We will follow....

Where You lead us
                             We will follow..."

In the crazy hectic-ness of grad school, adjusting to a new city, trying to make sure I get sleep in there somewhere, and all the other things that have been occupying my thoughts and my time lately, it is easy for me to lose sight of why I am here and what my purpose is. 

I am here because Christ led me here.

It is a joy to see where He has led me...from Roscoe and Snyder...to Los Angeles...to Atlanta...to Mexico...to College Station...to Kenya....to Austin...

....from Home....to college...to "teaching"...to missions...to grad school...

....from sinful...lost...wretched...and hard-hearted...
                    ...to forgiven...redeemed...seen righteous before God...and led...

Where will I go from here?  Where He leads me, I will follow.

Back to Kenya...to other nations...to another state...or back to my hometown...

I can't answer where I will be led next, but I am trusting the One I am following is faithful.


__________________________________________________________________________________________

One thing I do know I am currently being led to....the cries of the orphan.

This Sunday is Orphan Sunday.  Will you pray?  Will you ask...Lord, am I too being asked to become a voice for these children?  To help change their status of physical and spiritual fatherlessness?  Or simply tell God that where He leads you, you'll follow.


2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile, darling girl. A lot. I love being able to "hear" your joy in your writing - such a blessing for us on the other side of the screen. I'm way jealous about the concert, btw. Brandon Heath is way legit in concert, and I've never had the chance of seeing Jars. SO awesome. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete